Home > Gippsland Victoria Weekend Cycling Tour
Gippsland Victoria Weekend Cycling Tour
Stunning scenery and challenging climbs
- 2 nights villa accommodation, twin share with your own private bathroom (talk to us if you would like single occupancy)
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners, including wine
- Professional guides with local ride knowledge and first aid experience
- Support van on daily rides, with mechanics support
- Unique routes, downloadable GPS files provided
Travel / transfers to and from our accommodation are not included
- You ride your own bike and we recommend you bring along any spare parts or tubes you may need for your specific bike and set-up
- These are rides for road bikes, however to keep us on smaller roads and ‘the road less travelled’, we can ride on some small sections of gravel.
- You’ll need to bring enough cycling gear for 2 days of riding. We will provide you with a list of our recommendations of what to take when booking.
- We provide healthy home made energy snacks and fruit for along the ride, but if you would also like to bring your own gels, energy bars etc, please do so.
Tubes and Spare Parts
- We will have a full tool kit, track pump and a small quantity of tyres and tubes to purchase should the need arise. We do also recommend to bring your own.
We have rated this weekend a 3/5 as there a few sections of gravel as well as a long and steep climb with a “pinch” at 18%.
This is where the real adventure starts. Take on some climbs and explore roads you never knew existed, surrounded by spectacular scenery and dramatic views. You can expect longer days in the saddle, safe in the knowledge that you will be supported at all times.
The Rider: “I ride a couple of times during the week and have a longer, harder ride on the weekend”.
The Terrain: 80-90 km and approximately 1000m to 1500m of elevation a day over consistently undulating countryside, with occasional longer climbs that are well worth the effort.
For our Giro d’Italia and Piemonte tours, we have access to a range of carbon top-specification hire bikes and for L’Eroica, we can also arrange very good quality steel vintage bikes for rent. If you would like to rent a bike, please let us know when you book so we can guarantee the right size is available. Please also send us your fit measurements, so our mechanics can set up the bike for you, ready for the start of your trip. If you’re renting a bike, you need to remember to bring your helmet, pedals and saddle to your trip start.
If you would like to buy a bike in Italy, we can assist with custom made carbon or steel frame bikes by Formigli, a master frame builder in Italy with whom we partner. To have a custom made bike made by Formigli available for pick-up when you’re in Italy, we require 2 months notice to facilitate your bike build.
If you would like to buy a Steel Vintage Bike for L’Eroica, we have a very trusted source whom we recommend highly. Talk to us when booking.
Depending on the locations, we stay in very good quality three-star-chalets or villas, through to small boutique hotels and sometimes, grand five-star hotels. We like to also have access to a kitchen so that we can entertain our guests with a blend of home-cooked dinner parties, often co-hosted with our hosts and using beautiful local produce, alongside dining in some superb restaurants.
During the booking process, we speak with each of our non-riding guests to create a custom itinerary, specifically catering to their interests. Non-riding guests can enjoy the relaxation and surrounds of our beautiful accommodation/grounds, as well as a range of organized activities which can include spectacular walks and hikes, cooking classes and wine appreciation, to wandering around towns, shopping and sight seeing (guided or unguided), and enjoying special lunches with other non-riding guests.
For our Australian weekends and adventures, full payment is payable up-front.
If we have to cancel an Australian trip, your monies will be refunded.
From flights to accommodation, and ideas for pre and post travel, they can help with any aspect of your trip. As cycling enthusiasts themselves, and with extensive travel around the globe, and Europe in particular, their personal and professional experience, together with their special consideration to the transport of bikes is of value. They are committed to making your travel as enjoyable as we are.
Booking through a travel agent is no more expensive than the internet and can offer a personally tailored service – always ensuring the best value and travel experience! We’ll provide you with further details when booking.