- 8 nights boutique hotel accommodation, twin share with your own private bathroom (talk to us if you would like to book single occupancy)
- All breakfasts and dinners, including wine (lunches are at your cost as we stop at small cafes and lunch stops along our rides)
- All transfers / transportation from pick up to drop off, including baggage and bike transportation
- Professional guides with local knowledge and first aid experience
- Unique routes, downloadable GPS routes provided
- Support van on daily rides, with mechanics support
- Full 4 piece A’QTO Cycling Kit including jersey, bibs, jacket and base layer
- Laundry for your cycling clothing
Flights, bike hire and travel insurance are not included
- You can choose to bring your own bike and have your case transported in our fully equipped van or we can arrange a carbon road bike hire for you. Talk to us when booking.
- We provide you with an Italian quality jersey, bib shorts, jacket and base layer.
- You will need to bring enough other gear to support you for 7 days of riding. We will provide you with a full list of our recommendations of what to take when booking.
- Some on-bike food is provided but you will need to bring your own specific gels, energy bars etc
Tubes and Spare Parts
- You will need to bring your own spare tubes and parts for shoes etc. Talk to us about a specific gear list when booking.
We have rated this trip a 4/5 due to our location in the Northern Italian mountains and because we will be taking on a mountain pass or two each day.
This is where the going gets tough, with longer, harder riding through more challenging and varied terrain. Expect tough climbs as well as some tricky descents.
The Rider: “I ride over 4 times per week and always try to put as many hills into the ride as possible.”
The Terrain: 90-120 km and approximately 1600-2000m of elevation a day in more mountainous country, with longer climbs over repeated days.
For our Giro d’Italia and Piemonte tours, we have access to a range of carbon top-specification hire bikes and for L’Eroica, we can also arrange very good quality steel vintage bikes for rent. If you would like to rent a bike, please let us know when you book so we can guarantee the right size is available. Please also send us your fit measurements, so our mechanics can set up the bike for you, ready for the start of your trip. If you’re renting a bike, you need to remember to bring your helmet, pedals and saddle to your trip start.
If you would like to buy a bike in Italy, we can assist with custom made carbon or steel frame bikes by Formigli, a master frame builder in Italy with whom we partner. To have a custom made bike made by Formigli available for pick-up when you’re in Italy, we require 2 months notice to facilitate your bike build.
If you would like to buy a Steel Vintage Bike for L’Eroica, we have a very trusted source whom we recommend highly. Talk to us when booking.
Depending on the locations, we stay in very good quality three-star-chalets or villas, through to small boutique hotels and sometimes, grand five-star hotels. We like to also have access to a kitchen so that we can entertain our guests with a blend of home-cooked dinner parties, often co-hosted with our hosts and using beautiful local produce, alongside dining in some superb restaurants.
During the booking process, we speak with each of our non-riding guests to create a custom itinerary, specifically catering to their interests. Non-riding guests can enjoy the relaxation and surrounds of our beautiful accommodation/grounds, as well as a range of organized activities which can include spectacular walks and hikes, cooking classes and wine appreciation, to wandering around towns, shopping and sight seeing (guided or unguided), and enjoying special lunches with other non-riding guests.
For our Australian weekends and adventures, full payment is payable up-front.
If we have to cancel an Australian trip, your monies will be refunded.
From flights to accommodation, and ideas for pre and post travel, they can help with any aspect of your trip. As cycling enthusiasts themselves, and with extensive travel around the globe, and Europe in particular, their personal and professional experience, together with their special consideration to the transport of bikes is of value. They are committed to making your travel as enjoyable as we are.
Booking through a travel agent is no more expensive than the internet and can offer a personally tailored service – always ensuring the best value and travel experience! We’ll provide you with further details when booking.