In a word or two, almost everything…
- 4 nights resort style accommodation, twin share (talk to us if you would like single occupancy)
- All breakfasts and dinners, including wine (lunches are at your cost as we stop at small cafes along our rides or as we enjoy free time post-ride)
- All transfers / transportation from pick up to drop off, including baggage and bike transportation
- Professional guides with local ride knowledge and first aid experience
- Unique routes, downloadable GPS routes provided
- Support van on daily rides, with mechanics support
- Registration fees for your selected Noosa Strade Bianche ride on Sunday
- You need ride a steel vintage bike with downtube shifters for your Noosa Strade Bianche ride, and we recommend bringing your own if you have one.
- We can arrange bike hire for you if you don’t have your own.
- If you would like to bring your own road bike for some of the riding over the 5 days, and then hire a vintage bike just for the NSB ride on Sunday, that is also possible. Talk to us when booking.
- A vintage woollen jersey is a must-wear item for the Noosa Strade Bianche ride on Sunday
- You will also need to bring enough other gear to support you for 4 days of riding. We will provide you with a list of our recommendations of what to take when booking.
- We provide healthy home made energy snacks and fruit for along the ride, but if you would also like to bring your own ride fuel including gels, energy bars etc, please do so
Tubes and Spare Parts
- We keep a few spare tubes and parts available in the van for emergencies but we also recommend bringing your own
We have rated this weekend a 3/5 as there will be a good amount of climbing, with many sections of gravel.
This is where the real adventure starts. Take on some climbs and explore roads you never knew existed, surrounded by spectacular scenery and dramatic views. You can expect longer days in the saddle, safe in the knowledge that you will be supported at all times.
The Rider: “I ride a couple of times during the week and have a longer, harder ride on the weekend”.
The Terrain: 80-90 km and approximately 1000m to 1500m of elevation a day over consistently undulating countryside, with occasional longer climbs that are well worth the effort.
For our Giro d’Italia and Piemonte tours, we have access to a range of carbon top-specification hire bikes and for L’Eroica, we can also arrange very good quality steel vintage bikes for rent. If you would like to rent a bike, please let us know when you book so we can guarantee the right size is available. Please also send us your fit measurements, so our mechanics can set up the bike for you, ready for the start of your trip. If you’re renting a bike, you need to remember to bring your helmet, pedals and saddle to your trip start.
If you would like to buy a bike in Italy, we can assist with custom made carbon or steel frame bikes by Formigli, a master frame builder in Italy with whom we partner. To have a custom made bike made by Formigli available for pick-up when you’re in Italy, we require 2 months notice to facilitate your bike build.
If you would like to buy a Steel Vintage Bike for L’Eroica, we have a very trusted source whom we recommend highly. Talk to us when booking.
Depending on the locations, we stay in very good quality three-star-chalets or villas, through to small boutique hotels and sometimes, grand five-star hotels. We like to also have access to a kitchen so that we can entertain our guests with a blend of home-cooked dinner parties, often co-hosted with our hosts and using beautiful local produce, alongside dining in some superb restaurants.
During the booking process, we speak with each of our non-riding guests to create a custom itinerary, specifically catering to their interests. Non-riding guests can enjoy the relaxation and surrounds of our beautiful accommodation/grounds, as well as a range of organized activities which can include spectacular walks and hikes, cooking classes and wine appreciation, to wandering around towns, shopping and sight seeing (guided or unguided), and enjoying special lunches with other non-riding guests.
For our Australian weekends and adventures, full payment is payable up-front.
If we have to cancel an Australian trip, your monies will be refunded.
From flights to accommodation, and ideas for pre and post travel, they can help with any aspect of your trip. As cycling enthusiasts themselves, and with extensive travel around the globe, and Europe in particular, their personal and professional experience, together with their special consideration to the transport of bikes is of value. They are committed to making your travel as enjoyable as we are.
Booking through a travel agent is no more expensive than the internet and can offer a personally tailored service – always ensuring the best value and travel experience! We’ll provide you with further details when booking.