Piemonte Cycling Tour & La Fausto Coppi Gran Fondo
A cyclist’s playground in an epicurean paradise
With its 30+ year history, the 2019 La Fausto Coppi Gran Fondo honours Italy’s greatest cyclist, having earned the title Champion of Champions. With his palmares taking in multiple wins at the Giro d’Italia & the Tour de France, the Giro di Lombardia and Milan–San Remo, as well as a win at Paris–Roubaix, La Flèche Wallonne and the World Championship in 1953, it is a privilege and honour to don the souvenir jersey and give a nod to Il Campionissimo at the Gran Fondo.
The La Fausto Coppi Gran Fondo is the pinnacle of a week where we share with you a combination of sensational riding and world-class wine and food, in the as yet undiscovered cyclist’s paradise of Piemonte. Narrow winding roads through the World Heritage listed Le Langhe landscape creates an unforgettable Italian Adventure in this most beautiful and little known region of Italy.
Look forward to long summer days surrounded by incredible panoramic views of snow capped Alps in the distance and a patchwork of geometric coloured shapes covering the undulating terroir in the foreground, with medieval hilltop towns and ancient castles perched atop their peaks on our Gran Fondo cycling tour.
Get off the beaten path and rediscover your taste for adventure. Enjoy the unexpected, the journey, the history, the culture and of course the world class wines and cuisine.
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
Piemonte & La Fausto Coppi Gran Fondo Ride Itinerary
Welcome to Piemonte & La Fausto Coppi Gran Fondo
You’ll enjoy daily rides through the spectacular Le Langhe wine region, culminating with the Gran Fondo in Cuneo. We’ll do a different ride each day and have you cycling through the picturesque areas and towns of Barolo, La Morra, Barbaresco, Neive, Serralunga d’Alba, before heading over to Cuneo to take on the Gran Fondo Italy, where you’ll choose your ride distance.
Pricing & Dates
$5,995.00 AUD per person twin share / Maximum 12 guests
|20th June – 28th June 2021||$1,995 AUD (deposit)|
|19th June – 27th June 2022||$1,995 AUD (deposit)|
Start Location & Details
City: Turin, Italy
Pick Up Location: Porta Susa Train Station, Turin
Pick Up Time: 11:00am
Finish Location & Details
City: Turin, Italy
Drop Off Location: Porta Susa Train Station, Turin
Drop Off Time: 11:30am
Inclusions & Details
Accommodation & Meals
- 8 nights accommodation is included in our La Fausto Coppi Gran Fondo tour, with twin share and your own private bathroom.
- Single occupancy available. Talk to us when booking.
All breakfasts and dinners at a range of our favourite restaurants, osteria’s and home cooked locations, including nightly aperitivo hour and local wines and beers at each dinner.
- Professional bilingual ride guides with extensive experience in the La Fausto Coppi Gran Fondo region, local knowledge and first aid skills, ensuring your riding experiences are truly local and take in many of the undiscovered back roads and rolling hills of this spectacular and diverse region.
- Unique routes, available on GPS provided as part of the tour.
- Support van on daily rides, with mechanical support and your safety as our priority.
- Nutritious energy snacks and hydration are provided
Transfers & Activities
- All transfers / transportation from pick up to drop off, including baggage and bike transportation.
- Wine tastings and activities as outlined in the detailed tour itinerary.
- Entrance fees to sites, museums and all other non riding activities.
- 2 piece, Italian made A’QTO Cycling Kit including jersey and bib shorts.
- Laundry for your cycling clothing.
- Bike hire.
- Travel insurance.
Lunches on the road.
While airfare, bike hire and travel insurance are not included in the Tour cost, they can be fully arranged for you. Talk to us when booking.
Have more questions regarding the Coppi Gran Fondo?
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions.
Bike Hire & Gear
Full Carbon Road Bikes
You can choose to hire a Pinarello or Bianchi with a compact crankset.
An easy to use GPS is provided for your use for the duration of the tour with our daily rides pre installed.
Non-riding partners enjoy a customised travel program, designed to meet their interests and the best experiences Piemonte has to offer. Whether its guided walks, visits to beautiful castles and hilltop towns, truffle hunting experiences or cooking classes, Nancy personally hosts non-riding guests each day with a select range of activities to suit the group.
Enjoy our beautiful boutique hotels in hilltop Monforte d’Alba and in the centre of Cuneo, bringing together the beauty of old and new Piemonte style; 12th century buildings down quiet cobblestoned streets with views across Le Langhe meet with centrally located hotels with beautiful modern amenities amongst the festival atmosphere of Cuneo at Gran Fondo time.
Food & Wine
Piemonte is a gourmet paradise and we’ll have you enjoying every part of its gastronomic delights.
As the home of Slow Food, the focus of food artisans across the region is on high quality produce and very traditional methods of preparation. When you combine this with the blessing of a terroir that enables the production of some of the best red wines in Italy, and perhaps the world in Barolo and Barbaresco, an abundance of delicately grown and hand picked hazelnuts and the world famous white truffle of Alba, you realise just how special the produce of Piemonte is.
THERE IS NO WAY WE COULD HAVE DONE THIS ON OUR OWN
One of the things that stands out is that I was riding, hoping Lydia would be having a good enough time, while she was having a great time, feeling sorry for me missing out on the things she was doing. I think that speaks volumes for the programme that Nancy put together, and the way that both riders and non-riders were well catered for. There is no way we could have done this on our own.
A THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE WEEK OF CYCLING, TOURING & EATING
Thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable week of cycling, touring, and eating. You guys did a brilliant job scouting out great places to stay, eat and riding routes that achieved everything anyone could dream of.
A FEW SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE CLIENTS
1. Train. You may think you’re in good shape, but there is no climb in Australia that will let you do 2000m of climbing like Colle Fauniera will. So train.
2. Insure. You are spending a fair bit of cash on a great (GREAT) trip, so as soon as you’ve paid, make sure you’re insured in case you have to cancel.
3. Get there early, especially if you’re taking your own bike. My bike went missing on the return journey. If that happened on the outwards trip, my trip would have been compromised.
SIGNUP FOR A’QTO NEWS
Join our Gruppetto to be the first to know about our tour releases and insights into Italy’s magical cycling, food and wine destinations.