In a word or two, almost everything…
- 8 nights accommodation, twin share with your own private bathroom (talk to us if you would like single occupancy)
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners, including wine (lunches and dinners during your free time are yours to take care of)
- All transfers / transportation from pick up to drop off, including baggage and bike transportation
- Professional guides with local knowledge and first aid experience
- Unique routes, downloadable GPS routes provided
- Support van on daily rides, with mechanics support
- Full 3 piece A’QTO Cycling Kit including jersey, bibs, and gilet
- Laundry for your cycling clothing
Flights, bike hire and travel insurance are not included in the Tour cost but can be fully arranged for you. Talk to us when booking
- You can choose to bring your own bike or we can arrange bike hire for you from trusted partners that we work with.
- We provide you with an Italian made AQTO quality jersey, bib shorts, and gilet.
- You will need to bring enough other gear to support you for 8 days of riding. We will provide you with a full list of our recommendations of what to take when booking.
- Some on-bike food is provided but you will need to bring your own gels, energy bars etc
Tubes and Spare Parts
- You will need to bring your own spare tubes and parts for any bike you bring
- If you rent a bike, you will be able to source all tubes and spare parts during the week
We have rated this trip at 3 1/2 out as five as it is a mix of medium days on the bike and a couple of long steep climbs along the Italian-French border.
This is where the real adventure starts. Take on some climbs and explore roads you never knew existed, surrounded by spectacular scenery and dramatic views. You can expect longer days in the saddle, safe in the knowledge that you will be supported at all times.
The Rider: “I ride a couple of times during the week and have a longer, harder ride on the weekend”.
The Terrain: 80-90 km and approximately 1000m to 1500m of elevation a day over consistently undulating countryside, with occasional longer climbs that are well worth the effort.
For our Giro d’Italia and Best of Piemonte tours, we have access to a range of carbon top-specification hire bikes and for L’Eroica, we can also arrange very good quality steel vintage bikes for rent. If you would like to rent a bike, please let us know when you book so we can guarantee the right size is available. Please also send us your fit measurements, so our mechanics can set up the bike for you, ready for the start of your trip. If you’re renting a bike, you need to remember to bring your helmet, pedals and saddle to your trip start.
If you would like to buy a bike in Italy, we can assist with custom made carbon or steel frame bikes by Formigli, a master frame builder in Italy with whom we partner. To have a custom made bike made by Formigli available for pick-up when you’re in Italy, we require 2 months notice to facilitate your bike build.
If you would like to buy a Steel Vintage Bike for L’Eroica, we have a very trusted source whom we recommend highly. Talk to us when booking.
Depending on the locations, we stay in very good quality three-star-chalets or villas, through to small boutique hotels and sometimes, grand five-star hotels. We like to also have access to a kitchen so that we can entertain our guests with a blend of home-cooked dinner parties, often co-hosted with our hosts and using beautiful local produce, alongside dining in some superb restaurants.
During the booking process, we speak with each of our non-riding guests to create a custom itinerary, specifically catering to their interests. Non-riding guests can enjoy the relaxation and surrounds of our beautiful accommodation/grounds, as well as a range of organized activities which can include spectacular walks and hikes, cooking classes and wine appreciation, to wandering around towns, shopping and sight seeing (guided or unguided), and enjoying special lunches with other non-riding guests.
For our Australian weekends and adventures, full payment is payable up-front.
If we have to cancel an Australian trip, your monies will be refunded.
From flights to accommodation, and ideas for pre and post travel, they can help with any aspect of your trip. As cycling enthusiasts themselves, and with extensive travel around the globe, and Europe in particular, their personal and professional experience, together with their special consideration to the transport of bikes is of value. They are committed to making your travel as enjoyable as we are.
Booking through a travel agent is no more expensive than the internet and can offer a personally tailored service – always ensuring the best value and travel experience! We’ll provide you with further details when booking.