Home > Italian Tours > Piemonte Cycling Tour
Piemonte @ Harvest Cycling Tour
The Ultimate Cycling and Gourmet Paradise
Nestled between the Alps and the Mediterranean lies this secret slice of paradise. If you spend your days dreaming of quiet, undiscovered roads and continual rolling hills with a backdrop of awe inspiring mountains, and world class food and wine experiences, then this breathtaking adventure to Piemonte awaits you.
Join us for the cycling adventure of a lifetime and the most incredible celebration of food and wine, as we indulge the senses in Le Langhe UNESCO world heritage wine region, and home of Barolo, Barbaresco and Barbera wines, at harvest time – and join in the annual harvest celebration of the prized white truffle of Alba from our home base in hilltop, medieval Neive – recognised as one of the most beautiful old towns in Italy.
We’ll discover the majestic beauty and charm of this region in all its Autumn splendour, and savour time honoured, gastronomic traditions in the home of Slow Food.
For cyclists who are food and wine lovers, it’s hard to imagine a more perfect week.
Welcome to Piemonte and the spectacular Le Langhe wine region
We’ll do a different ride each day and have you cycling through the picturesque and iconic wine region of Le Langhe, taking in the most spectacular areas and towns of Barolo, La Morra, Barbaresco, Neive, Serralunga d’Alba and more.
Pricing & Dates
$4995.00 per person twin share / Maximum 12 guests
|11th to 17th October 2019||$1,995 (deposit)|
Start Location & Details
City: Turin, Italy
Pick Up Location: Porta Susa Train Station, Turin
Pick Up Time: 11:00am
Finish Location & Details
City: Turin, Italy
Drop Off Location: Porta Susa Train Station, Turin
Drop Off Time: 11:30am
Inclusions & Details
Accommodation & Meals
- 6 nights accommodation, twin share with your own private bathroom.
- Single occupancy available. Talk to us when booking.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners at a range of our favourite restaurants, osteria’s and home cooked locations, including nightly aperitivo hour and local wines and beers at each dinner.
- Professional bilingual ride guides with extensive cycling experience, local knowledge and first aid experience, ensuring your riding experiences are truly local and take in many of the undiscovered back roads and rolling hills of this spectacular and diverse region.
- Unique routes, available on GPS provided as part of the tour.
- Support van on daily rides, with mechanical support and your safety as our priority.
- Nutritious energy snacks and hydration are provided
Transfers & Activities
- All transfers / transportation from pick up to drop off, including baggage and bike transportation.
- Wine tastings and activities as outlined in the detailed tour itinerary.
- Entrance fees to sites, museums and all other non riding activities.
- 2 piece, Italian made A’QTO Cycling Kit including jersey and bib shorts.
- Musette and cap to match your kit.
- Laundry for your cycling clothing.
- Bike hire.
- Travel insurance.
While airfare, bike hire, travel insurance and massages are not included in the Tour cost, they can be fully arranged for you. Talk to us when booking.
Have More Questions
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions.
Bike Hire & Gear
Full Carbon Road Bikes
You can choose to hire a Pinarello, Bianchi or Formigli bikes with either Campagnolo or Shimano groupsets.
Going off road as well? Have the best of both worlds with a Bianchi or Cannondale gravel bike with disc brakes.
An easy to use GPS is provided for your use for the duration of the tour with our daily rides pre installed.
Non-riding partners enjoy a customised travel program, designed to meet their interests and the best experiences Piemonte has to offer. Whether its guided walks, visits to beautiful castles and hilltop towns, truffle hunting experiences or cooking classes, Nancy personally hosts non-riding guests each day with a select range of activities to suit the group.
Food & Wine
Piemonte’s gastronomic status needs no introduction and at harvest, there is simply no better place to enjoy high quality food and wine. Vendemmia is alive with the harvest of the nebbiolo grapes for the production of the region’s highly acclaimed Barolo and Barbaresco wines and the prized Alba white truffle is revered and celebrated across the tables of Le Langhe. Festivities abound and the world comes to share in this very special time of year.
Piemonte@Harvest brings together all the very best of the region and you’ll be enjoying every part of it.
THERE IS NO WAY WE COULD HAVE DONE THIS ON OUR OWN
One of the things that stands out is that I was riding, hoping Lydia would be having a good enough time, while she was having a great time, feeling sorry for me missing out on the things she was doing. I think that speaks volumes for the programme that Nancy put together, and the way that both riders and non-riders were well catered for. There is no way we could have done this on our own.
A THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE WEEK OF CYCLING, TOURING & EATING
Thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable week of cycling, touring, and eating. You guys did a brilliant job scouting out great places to stay, eat and riding routes that achieved everything anyone could dream of.
A FEW SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE CLIENTS
1. Train. You may think you’re in good shape, but there is no climb in Australia that will let you do 2000m of climbing like Colle Fauniera will. So train.
2. Insure. You are spending a fair bit of cash on a great (GREAT) trip, so as soon as you’ve paid, make sure you’re insured in case you have to cancel.
3. Get there early, especially if you’re taking your own bike. My bike went missing on the return journey. If that happened on the outwards trip, my trip would have been compromised.