Home > Italian Tours > Tuscany Cycling Tour
Tuscany Cycling Tour
A land of elegance, beauty and dreams
Tuscany a land of beauty, elegance and dreams. Where the colours of the landscape and the flavours of the traditional cuisine change with the seasons, and the slow rhythm of life is felt with each encounter, ride and meal.
To the cyclist who ventures into this world, it is heaven. Urged by a sense of adventure and the discovery of magnificent views at every turn, you can expect long, warm days on the bike surrounded by incredible panoramic views of rolling hills, olive groves, vineyards and medieval hilltop towns, all while embracing the winding roads, challenging climbs and exhilarating descents.
Rediscover your taste for adventure as you pedal along quiet country roads and cobblestoned streets, enjoying the history, culture and of course the cuisine of this spectacular region.
Tuscany is where our journey began and a place we invite you to share with us as we create a truly authentic experience of our favourite areas to ride and eat in this ancient land, where the art of living is represented through tradition, generosity and talent.
Come ride, eat and drink like a Tuscan. You’re in for an unforgettable adventure.
Welcome to Tuscany
You’ll enjoy daily rides through the superb Tuscan countryside, taking in the densely forested hills of Chianti, the open rolling hills of the Val d’Orcia and the magical countryside of the San Gimignano province. Post ride, we’ll enjoy free time in the mid to late afternoons, making the most of the stunning places we stay.
Pricing & Dates
$5,995.00 per person twin share / Maximum 12 guests
|15th – 23rd September 2018||$1,995 (deposit)|
|14th – 22nd June 2019||$1,995 (deposit)|
|14th – 22nd September 2019||$1,995 (deposit)|
Start Location & Details
City: Florence, Italy
Pick Up Location: Santa Maria Novella Train Station, Florence
Pick Up Time: 11:00am
Finish Location & Details
City: Florence, Italy
Drop Off Location: Santa Maria Novella Train Station, Florence
Drop Off Time: 11:30am
Inclusions & Details
Accommodation & Meals
- 8 nights accommodation, twin share with your own private bathroom.
- Single occupancy available. Talk to us when booking.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners at a range of our favourite restaurants, osteria’s and home cooked locations, including nightly aperitivo hour and local wines and beers at each dinner.
- Professional bilingual ride guides with extensive cycling experience, local knowledge and first aid experience, ensuring your riding experiences are truly local and take in many of the undiscovered back roads and rolling hills of this spectacular and diverse region.
- Unique routes, available on GPS provided as part of the tour.
- Support van on daily rides, with mechanical support and your safety as our priority.
- Nutritious energy snacks and hydration are provided
Transfers & Activities
- All transfers / transportation from pick up to drop off, including baggage and bike transportation.
- Wine tastings and activities as outlined in the detailed tour itinerary.
- Entrance fees to sites, museums and all other non riding activities.
- 2 piece, Italian made A’QTO Cycling Kit including jersey and bib shorts.
- Musette and cap to match your kit.
- Laundry for your cycling clothing.
- Bike hire.
- Travel insurance.
While airfare, bike hire, travel insurance and massages are not included in the Tour cost, they can be fully arranged for you. Talk to us when booking.
Have More Questions
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions.
Bike Hire & Gear
Full Carbon Road Bikes
You can choose to hire a Pinarello, Bianchi or Formigli bike with either Campagnolo or Shimano groupsets.
Going off road as well? Have the best of both worlds with a Bianchi or Cannondale gravel bike with disc brakes.
An easy to use GPS is provided for your use for the duration of the tour with our daily rides pre installed.
Non-riding partners enjoy a customised travel program, designed to meet their interests and the best experiences Tuscany has to offer. Whether its guided walks, visits to beautiful castles and hilltop towns, guided sightseeing tours or cooking classes, Nancy personally hosts non-riding guests each day with a select range of activities to suit the group.
Food & Wine
Enjoy with us the distinctly different areas of Tuscany and their varied recipes and wines.
The lure of the Tuscan table is immense; characterised by its close association with the land, Tuscan cuisine is earthy, simple in style, and reflective of the region’s changing seasons and peasant traditions or ‘cucina povera’. We will take you on a food safari of Tuscany that takes in all the very best it has to offer from simple organic produce, grown on our host properties, to exquisite gastronomic dishes at a selection of family run osterias and restaurants.
THOUGHTFULLY PLANNED & SEAMLESSLY EXECUTED
The ride routes took us through iconic Tuscan landscapes, towns and villages, and when you thought the scenery cold not get better, around the next corner it did. The free-flowing, sweeping descents were an exhilarating reward for the climbing beforehand.
AN INSPIRING, AMAZING TRIP
We would sincerely like to thank you both for an inspiring, amazing, enlightening and wonderful trip around beautiful Tuscany. We were so impressed with the diversity and attention to detail you achieved in putting this together for us. Every moment was special. Every moment was exciting and rewarding.
HAPPY MEMORIES FOR YEARS TO COME
Thank you so much for the amazing tour of Tuscany. The countryside lived up to its reputation as seen in countless books and movies. The experience you gave us was superb. The accommodation, the riding, the food, wine, spa, tours and the company were first class. We will have happy memories for years to come.